SPRING STYLE: MERCI FRENCH VOGUE




French Vogue Feb 09 issue has used the same model for all their Feb 09 spreads - the lovely/scary Lara Stone. They've also helped me clearly define my three looks for Spring:

1. "Street Art"
2. "Formal T-shirt"
3.
(this is my fave, title shout-out to my roommate Spencer) "Bowie meets J.Crew"

As follows:


"Street art." I think in a past life I must have been like a hoodlum in a gang in the 70s in New York City. I'm serious. Maybe I got stabbed or something and then instantly was reincarnated in 1979. How else can I explain my fascination with all things gangsta? I'm like a blonde from the suburbs. It's gotta be a past life. I was definitely a graffiti artiste.




This is "Formal T-shirt." It means you are rocking out a hardcore designer piece and some fabs shoes or tights or something, but you're throwing a t-shirt in so it looks cool and not like you're working too hard. We all know I can't get enough of the t-shirt. I'm not gonna fight it - I'm gonna go with it.




This is my fave, fave look. This is "Bowie meets J.Crew." Otherwise known as "Glitter Prep" (I just made that up). Basically I just love it when sh*t sparkles or foils or shines, and since I favor more basic silhouettes, I tend to like the blazers or cardis. Whatever just make it shiny people.

No comments: