KEY ITEMS: LEGGINGS

I thought this piece by Cormac McCarthy in Vanity Fair this month was brilliant:



And then I saw these leggings in WWD today.



Inspired by both, here is my ode to leggings, in the style of Mr. Walt Whitman.


Leggings!
by Janie Marshall (borrowed heavily from WW)

O leggings! Ever push'd elasticity!
I sing of the simplicity.
Caressing the leg, in pleather or texture or beautiful black,
I have no other piece in my closet that makes shoes look as good.

Not jeans, skinny, wide-leg, or boot-cut,
Nor skirts, pencil or ballerina.

Leggings have brought us richness and variety.
And other leggings will bring us richness or variety.

Though I mourn that Lindsay Lohan was onto something here,
I would raise my voice in praise of glorious leggings.
And I scribble 'Kova & T nylon-spandex faux leather' on my Christmas list.

No comments: