OBSESSED: 1950S

I'm worshipping the Mad Men-inspired 1950s look that is popping up for spring and pre-spring. I'm all over this look. I think the key items to getting this look are: the cardigan, the bright-color pant, the pencil skirt, and the full print/patterned skirt. Everything else can just be mixed in from your old boring non-1950s inspired wardrobe. I'm posting some amazing images that are actually FROM (not just inspired by) the 1950s.

American Vogue actually did an amazing spread in their new January 2009 issue that I'm posting. (I say that with surprise because American Vogue has been sucking lately in my opinion. Anyway.)

And of course, my best friends at J.Crew completely understand this whole thing.

From J.Crew:
(KEY ITEMS: CARDIGAN, PENCIL SKIRT)




I posted this because... whaaaaat? This is from the nineteen FIFTIES? Awesome. Mom, what were YOU doing when this chick was dying her hair blue?!?
(KEY ITEMS: AMAZINGNESS)




From Jan 09 Vogue:
(KEY ITEMS: CARDIGAN, BRIGHT PANT)




An image from the 1950s:
(KEY ITEMS: CARDIGAN, A DEER)




Karen Elson with amazing hair:
(KEY ITEMS: CARDIGAN, BRIGHT PANT)




Image from the 1950s... best couple EVER:
(KEY ITEMS: CARDIGAN, PRINT FULL SKIRT)




From Jan 09 Vogue:
(KEY ITEMS: PRINT FULL SKIRT)

No comments: