WWD: FASHION'S HIGHLY QUOTABLE CROWD




WWD compiled a list of favorite fashion/entertainment quotes from 2008. Here are my handpicked highlights. Please remember that Karl Lagerfeld could be like, "Ho, ho, ho, Green Giant!" and I would think it was brill and post it on my blog. He can say absolutely anything he wants. Anyway here are my picks:


"Since John McCain is unlikely to give two gay hoots about my gay civil rights, I'm going with the good-looking one. Apart from being the right candidate, Mr. Obama looks better in a suit, which can only be a good thing."
-Simon Doonan, Nov 4


"Had I been tall and blonde I might have gotten more roles and made tons of money, but then I probably also would have gotten hooked on drugs and ruined my career by now."
-Salma Hayek, June 19
(I'm sure this is out of context and blah blah blah, but she might just have said, "I'm a little bitter and proud of it." Shorter story.)


"Temptation has to be permanent."
-Karl Lagerfeld, April 7
(See?! Like, what? What does that even mean?! Genius.)


"What would I rather be doing? I'd rather be doing anything other than talking about what I'd rather be doing."
-Casey Affleck, Jan 17

No comments: