OBSESSED: LIFE IMITATING, UM, ART



This just in! From The Frock Report on The Times from South Africa:

"Wow now this is big news if it is in fact true Gawker has reported that imminent thawing is afoot. The Nuclear Wintour may be on her way out - Si Newhouse may have flown to Paris to offer the top Vogue job to Carine thereby deposing Wintour and putting an end to her oligarchy and hopefully dark glassed in the front row.

Robert McKay however just sent me these prize gems from Carine - perhaps something got lost in translation? Love the stupendous bitch slaps “People always say that I weigh my staff, and it is totally wrong. All my girls are very skinny and very chic and very beautiful. And if they are not beautiful, well, then they are very charming. So people always say that I weigh them, but no. I don’t weigh my girls.”

“Some editors, they have that, they know all the designer from the beginning of the nineteenth century. They know this is triple cashmere, this is simple cashmere. Maybe they went to fashion school. Me, I don’t. I just get a feeling about what is exciting. It is all just from feeling. So I don’t know - I think maybe I have a talent.”

Here it comes ….

“It’s very difficult not to become a puppet. Like Anna, she becomes so iconic that she becomes like a puppet. I don’t want to be like that, I don’t want to wear this uniform, I don’t want to be just an envelope.
'"

She's kind of hardcore too because, according to Gawker, Carine does not know how to use a computer. That's some old-school fashion shit.

It blows my mind how this is exactly like the plot of Devil Wears Prada. Where's Anne Hathaway when Anna needs her? I don't love AW but I'd like to see her pull a Miranda Priestly and take Carine DOWN with style.

I do think Paris Vogue is way better than American Vogue, but it's not as good as Spanish Vogue. I'm just saying.

No comments: